Monday, November 14, 2005

Near Elimination

I am ruminating, from the edge.
Today, if I worked for a real company that cared about actual profit margin (for my company, if we actually make our budget, it just means we all get bonuses, which is bad for our business, because they'd have to pay us a living wage, or something), I would have been fired. Actually, I would have been fired on Friday, but whatever. There is still a distinct, yet utterly passive-aggressive and unclear, possibility that I will be fire in January.
On Friday, I described this rather embarrassing situation as being "a lot like getting a D in Core Bio." I think the description is apt.
To be bad at something sucks. To be bad at something you don't care about is slightly less bad, though equally irritating. To be beholden to idiots for your daily bread, and to not be good at something that should be hard to do at all, is soul shatteringly mortifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home